Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (1): The Elite by Kiera Cass



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that showcased upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.




My first WoW is:


Title: The Elite (The Selection #2)
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: April 23, 2013


From Goodreads:
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Why it's my WoW:

I had a lot of fun with the first book, The Selection. I wasn't expecting that book to be a big thinker or anything. It was just a lot of fun and I'm hoping that this one will be too, though I'm thinking there is also going to be more angst in this one. I'm also really excited to see how America and Maxon's relationship continue throughout this book. I have to admit, I love the idea of America and Maxon together.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked The Selection. It was just so fun and light! So of course I'm excited to read the sequel. I actually have an ARC of it, so hopefully that will be one of my next reads. And I agree with you about America and Maxon. I love them together. :D
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete